Quinoa Stufed Peppers


 You can pretty much stuff a pepper with anything.  Pasta, cheese, rice, meat, or quinoa like I did here. 

Lucy, my neighbour who lives across the street, dropped off about 10 lovely bell peppers.  She didn't know that I had just bought a bunch at the No Frills Dollar Sale (my peppers didn't work out in my garden this year). So I grilled and marinaded most of them to have ready for sandwiches and pizza, but I decided to save a couple for dinner.  I basically made a Quinoa salad, stuffed them with the salad, and cooked until heated through, about 15-20 minutes in a 350F oven.

Ingredients:

Quinoa
Olives
Feta cheese
Red onion
Asparagus
Cherry tomatoes
Extra virgin olive oil
Lemon juice

I made the whole package of quinoa because I love having it to snack on all week.  It's great pretty much along side anything.

For the peppers:

Preheat oven t o 350F.

Cook quinoa as per package instructions.  Drizzle some good extra virgin olive oil, add lemon juice, add all ingredients, and mix.  Once quinoa salad is made stuff your peppers and cook in  the oven.  You're done!  Now how easy is that?

Comments