Pumpkin Hummus


It's the first day of fall! It kind of already felt like fall before today with that chill in the air, did  you find that?  I think it also has something to do with the kids going back to school right after the long weekend.  Maybe that's why I decided to give my usual hummus a fall twist last weekend. I found the recipe in Food and Wine's Autumn issue.  I really enjoyed the cumin in it.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 Can (540 ml) chickpeas, rinsed and drained well
2 Garlic cloves, minced
Juice from 2 lemons
1/4 Cup of water
3 Tbs. of tahini
1/2 Cup of unsweetened pumpkin puree
1 Tsp of cumin
3/4 Tsp of salt
1/4 Tsp of cayenne or to taste
1/3 Cup of olive oil

 For the hummus:

Place the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, water and tahini  in a food processor.  Whirl until smooth.  Add pumpkin and seasonings.  Whirl.  With motor running, drizzle in oil until blended.  Taste and add more lemon juice or cayenne if needed.

Comments