Chocolate


This isn't the most flattering photo but it makes me laugh.  I couldn't get enough chocolate when I was pregnant.  This is a week before Jane was born.  I think Phil was trying to keep me busy because he could tell I was getting anxious.  That Sunday we basically went on a food tour to a bakery, out for lunch, and maybe even dinner too, I don't remember.

One of the challenges when I first had Jane was breastfeeding.  She latched on almost instantly, and I was producing enough milk, but she was so gassy.  I had no idea there was a long list of foods you should avoid eating while breastfeeding.  I didn't know where to start so I avoided everything.  I would go to the grocery store, stand in the produce section and feel so frustrated not knowing what was safe.  It's awful when your newborn is in pain from gas and you feel responsible for perhaps eating the wrong thing.

Between 2 and 3 months it got better and she was able to digest on her own, however one food I still avoid is chocolate.  The funny thing is this wouldn't have bothered me before but when I was pregnant I developed such a sweet tooth!  When I have a craving for something sweet, caramel or vanilla just don't do it for me.

Comments