Summer Salsa

Today’s the first official day of the summer!  And 26 days until our wedding!  Last weekend I went up north to a cottage for my stagette with 10 of the coolest girls I know.  I laughed so much my cheeks and stomach hurt.  A huge thank you to Meg for organizing it all!  


This here is a delicious salsa Beth made.  I’ve tried it once before on a different cottage trip and I was secretly hoping she would make it again, and my wish came true!  It’s such a nice fresh tasting snack when you’re out in the sun all day, and so simple to make. 

For the salsa:

1 Mango, cubed
1/2 of papaya, cubed
1 Jalapeno, chopped
1/4 of a red onion
1/2 can of black beans
Juice from 1 lime
Cayenne and salt to taste
1 Tbs of cilantro (optional)

Just mix it all together and enjoy with your favourite nachos. 

We also had some amazing muffins baked by Meg that I still have to get the recipe for.  If I remember correctly they were banana, chocolate with espresso and the other was blueberry, orange and almond.  That was our breakfast the first morning with fresh fruit.  Doesn’t that sound scrumptious?  I have to say we ate pretty well.



Comments

  1. ALMOST YOUR WEDDING HURRAY!
    also this salsa looks delicious. i'm going to make it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds amazing and like an amazing time, you deserve it! miss you girl(s)!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment