Potato Salad

The first potato salad I’ve made since spring has sprung!



I think I’ve posted potato salad before, but my recipe changes every time I make it. It depends on what I’m in the mood for and what’s in the fridge.

Ingredients:

Your choice of potatoes (I used Yukon Gold), cut into bite size pieces
Half a red onion, chopped
Good splash of white wine vinegar
1 Tbs of Dijon mustard
3 hard boiled eggs, quartered
2 Tbs of capers, chopped
½ a cup of mayonnaise
1 Tbs of fresh lemon juice
1 Tbs of fresh tarragon, chopped
1 Tbs of parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

I would recommend starting with smaller amounts of all the ingredients and add as you need it. If it needs more of a tart flavour add more vinegar, mustard or lemon. If you like your potato salads more creamy then add more mayo.

For the salad:

Cut the potatoes into bite size pieces, but not too small. Parboil potatoes in salted water until they’re slightly soft. When the potatoes are almost done add the eggs and let cook for about 4 minutes. Test the potatoes with a fork or eat one and make sure it’s how you like your potatoes to be cooked in your salad. Drain potatoes and place in a bowl. Run the hard boiled eggs under cold water and set aside.

Mix all ingredients with potatoes and taste to see if you need more of anything. Add the chopped eggs and lightly toss. Serve cold or at room temperature.

When I made this salad originally I didn’t have the tarragon or the parsley in there and it needed a little colour. I added the parsley and remembered I also had some fresh tarragon in the fridge. The tarragon really added a nice unexpected flavour that I really think made it.

Comments

  1. bout time you posted this for me!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love potatoe salad and this one looks amazing. I love the absence of toto much mustard and love that you have bid peices of potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Twila! As I said my recipe changes all the time so I can't say it won't be totally different the next time I make it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment