I was a little worried when it came time to fry them up because like last time they were pretty fragile. Phil suggested I bake them rather, and that worked really well. I made these way too big though. Next time I`m thinking much smaller and I`m also thinking I`ll make these when we have people over, but in a mini finger food size! I think that will go over really well.

For the cakes:

Can of crab meat drained
2-3 celery stalks diced
2 carrots diced
1.5 tablespoons of capers chopped
2 large eggs
1 cup of breadcrumbs
1/4 cup of parsley
1/2 cup of mayo
Tablespoon of Dijon mustard
A good shake of hot sauce
Tablespoon of Worcester sauce
Salt and pepper
Tablespoon of dill

Found an easy recipe for sauce:

Mayo, white wine vinegar and chopped pickles.

Preheat oven to 375-400
Combine all ingredients and assemble into cakes.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper
Bake until golden and flip once

Tonight we're having the leftovers on a bun with the sauce, arugula and maybe a little pickled onion.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Oh and onion! I would recommend red or green. By the way, the postings came up in reverse order... still trying to get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment